What you will learn ?
In the Fieldwork
- How to dig and which archaeological techniques are used.
- Use and handling of the tools that are used during the excavation process.
- Basic principles of stratigraphy.
- Basic procedures for collecting C14 samples.
In the Laboratory
- Cleaning, Inventory and cataloging of recovered human bones during the excavation process.
- Basics of the methods used in human osteological analysis, including skeletal anatomy, palaeodemography and palaeopathology.
- Learning how to identify age, sex and height of buried individuals.
- Relative dating based on the classification of archaeological artifacts discovered in stratigraphic sequence.
- Learning, handling and practices with ArcGIS software.
- Design, preparation and management of archaeological information in a GIS platform using ArcGIS.
- Introduction to Physical Anthropology and Bioarchaeology
- Skeletal Anatomy –Terminology-: generalities, dental structure, skull and other bones.
- History, archaeology, economy and culture of the Roman civilization.
- Introduction to the History of the Sanisera Site.
- Minorcan archaeology before the Roman conquest of the Balearic Islands.