What you will learn ?
In the Fieldwork
- How to survey and which archaeological techniques are used.
- Use and handling of the tools that are used during the survey process.
- Recording data obtained during the survey.
- Study submerged archaeological remains in Baia Underwater Park.
- Practice in the recognition of structures and archaeological remains in Portus Iulius to make a detailed map of the Roman port infrastructure and analyze the spatial distribution of all objects we will find underwater.
In the laboratory
- Recording data obtained during the survey -diary and systematic methodology sheets-.
- Study and typological classification of archaeological Roman objects discovered during the underwater survey.
- Relative dating based on the classification of the archaeological objects discovered during the survey.
- Underwater Archaeological background of Portus Iulius and Baiae.
- Ancient trade in Sanisera and the Western Mediterranean Sea.
- Ancient navigation.
- Roman Ports
- Roman Horreae
- History, archaeology, economy and culture of The Phlegrean Fields and Portus Iulius.