What you will learn ?
In the Fieldwork
- How to survey and which archaeological techniques are used.
- Use and handling of the tools that are used during the survey process.
- Recording data obtained during the survey.
- Objects photo-taking using photogrammetry standards.
- Practice on the recognition of archaeological materials and Roman finds from the II century B.C. - VI A.D.
In the laboratory
- Recording data obtained during the survey -diary and systematic methodology sheets-.
- Study and typological classification of archaeological Roman objects discovered during the underwater survey.
- Relative dating based on the classification of the archaeological objects discovered during the survey.
- Handling of the pictures from the objects in order to prepare them for 3D processing with Agisoft PhotoScan.
- Learn how to draw ceramic according with the standards (piece orientation, diameter edge estimation, representation of the decoration and several views generation).
- Objects drawing exercises (glass, lithics, coins, bone needles).
- Correct handle of the graphic representation and learning of different scales 1:1, 2:1…
- General standards of composition and illumination in photography.
- Photography techniques used on little objects like coins, jewels and ceramics with decoration and epigraphy.
- Drawing and photographing with Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop
- Drawing and vector handling of the archaeological material with Adobe Illustrator.
- Underwater Archaeological background of Sanisera.
- Ancient trade in Sanisera and the Western Mediterranean Sea.
- Ancient navigation.
- Modern sail merchant ships (centuries 16th - 20th).
- History, archaeology, economy and culture of the Roman civilization.
- Introduction to the History of the Sanisera Site.
- Minorcan archaeology before the Roman conquest of the Balearic Islands.