What you will learn ?
In the Fieldwork
- How to dig and which archaeological techniques are used.
- Use and handling of the tools that are used during the excavation process.
- Basic principles of stratigraphy.
- Recording the data obtained during the excavation using the Harris Method.
- Practice on the recognition of archaeological materials and Roman finds from the II century B.C. - VI A.D.
- Objects photo-taking using photogrammetry standards.
In the laboratory
- Recording data obtained -diary and systematic methodology sheets-.
- Study and typological classification of archaeological Roman objects discovered .
- Study and typological classification of archaeological objects of Roman archaeology: ceramics, numismatics, faunal remains, metals and glass.
- Relative dating based on the classification of archaeological objects discovered in stratigraphic sequence.
- Handling of the pictures from the objects in order to prepare them for 3D processing with Agisoft PhotoScan.
- Underwater Archaeological background of Sanisera.
- Ancient trade in Sanisera and the Western Mediterranean Sea.
- Ancient navigation
- Modern sail merchant ships (centuries 16th - 20th).
- History, archaeology, economy and culture of the Roman civilization.
- Introduction to the History of the Sanisera Site.
- Minorcan archaeology before the Roman conquest of the Balearic Islands.